Setting up and running a successful Airbnb or short term rental can be tough. Many hosts often overlook certain details that can help ensure happy guests and a safe stay.
After all, creating an amazing experience for your guest will lead to a five star rating and increased bookings.
These are the essentials for any Airbnb or short term rentals. Many may seem obvious, but I’ve experienced hosts overlook the basics before.
- At least one bath towel per guest, preferably white
- At least one wash cloth per guest, preferably white
- Linens on each bed, preferably white
- Folded or new toilet paper on a holder in each bathroom
- Plenty of extra toilet paper in each bathroom
- Hand towels in each bathroom
- Paper Towels on the kitchen counter
- Extra paper towels in a cabinet
- Kitchen Towels draped on the stove handle
- Iron/Ironing board
- Hair dryers in each bathroom
- Fully stocked kitchen (Dishes/Cookware/Utensils)
- Cleaning products including broom/mop
- Dish soap/sponges
- Hand soaps in bathrooms and kitchen sink
- Tissue boxes
- Coffee Maker
- Garbage bin
- Plenty of trash bags
- Bed side lamps
- TVs (You can hook up a streaming device like Roku and allow guests to use their streaming platforms)
Safety is an important part of hosting guests. Hosts should make sure that the following items are included in their Airbnbs or short term rentals.
- Working smoke alarms throughout
- Working CO detectors throughout
- Regularly change the batteries in detectors
- Fire extinguisher in kitchen
- First aid kit
- Local emergency numbers posted
A Little Something Extra
These are some suggestions if you are looking to add a little extra to your Airbnb or short term rental.
- Bath soap
- Desk or work space